What is our Crossfit?
We at CrossFit Sanur come from all walks of life. We have different body shapes and sizes, we are young and older, and our fitness are beginner, intermediate and advanced. Our program is designed to suit everyone. We all workout together!
Benefits of Crossfit
It’s no surprise that Crossfit as a strength and conditioning program yields great results. HOW? Here are 10 general physical skills that the program is based on and will improve your athletic performance.
The ability of body systems to gather, process and deliver oxygen.
The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store and utilize energy.
The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
The ability of a muscular unit or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
The ability of a muscular unit or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Myths About Crossfit
People usually think Crossfit is only for super fit people. That is not true! Our Crossfit program is divided into 3 categories to suit everyone: Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
Level 1 is designed for the beginner with minimal or no gym experience at all. Weights are light, the movements are basic and we control the saturation of intensity in your workout.
Level 2 is designed for intermediate level fitness. Those that are comfortable in a gym or have some experience with Crossfit methodology and other functional training systems. Movement range in difficulty and intensity is controlled by you.
Level 3 is designed for more advanced CrossFitters or high level athletes. Weight can get heavy and movements are technical.
Regardless of your level, we all participate in the workout together. However, coaches will address each group on the requirements and skills of their program.
Hi, I’m Brendan 👋 I’m a strength and conditioning coach with over 16 years experience in the fitness industry and Crossfit affiliate owner for over 12 years.
• Senior First Aid (Apply First Aid) • Bronze Medallion
• Certificate III in Fitness
• Certificate IV in Fitness
• Diploma of Fitness
• Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
• Licensed CrossFit Affiliate Owner
• Certificate Level One CrossFit Trainer
• Certificate Level Two CrossFit Trainer
• CrossFit Certified Olympic Lifting Coach
• CrossFit Certified Gymnastic Coach
• CrossFit Certified Football Coach
• CrossFit Kids Certified
• Army Physical Training Instructor
• Army Combat Fitness Leader
• Military Self Defence Senior Instructor
• Unit Adventure Training Leader (Army)
• AWF StateWeightlifting / Sports Power Coach 1 Licence
• ASCA Level One Coach in Strength and Conditioning
• ASCA Level Two Coach in Strength and Conditioning
• ASCA Mentor Coach, Assistant Presenter
• AWF State Weightlifting / Sports Power Coach 2 Licence
• AWF Assistant Presenter, Sports Power Coach Level 1 (2012)
• Strength and Conditioning Coach at Hellenic Athletic Soccer Club (2013-2018)
• Current Ochre Card Holder
• PADI Dive Master
• Unbeaten Weightlifter in NTWA
• CrossFit Regional 22nd, 27th and 4th place
• CrossFit Open 9th and 4th place, 42nd
• Snatch 140kg , Clean and Jerk 160kg, Jerk 180kg, Deadlift 270kg, Isabel 1:17, Grace 1:20, Fran 2:05, Diane 1:49
• Fittest Man in the NT: 2009, 2010, 2011,2012, 2013 (did not complete), 2014, 2015, (did not complete) 2016.
• Retired from CrossFit, 2017 trained for Commonwealth Games 3 best total in 85kg Class AUS
• New To Gym
• General Fitness
• Weight Loss
• Meal Planning
• Program Writing
• Goal Planning
• Olympic Weightlifting
• CrossFit Competition
• Muscle Building
• Strength Training
• Functional Fitness
• Rehabilitation Injury Recovery
• Sport-Specific Training
• Kids Personal Training (6-15 years) • Masters Training (60+ years)
Click here to download my Coach Profile.
Amazing gym and CrossFit classes by coach Brendan. The staff are all very nice and friendly. Great cafe to eat and work from as well. Highly recommended
I’ve just finished my first week of crossfit at Paradise gym, having never done it before. I’m very impressed with the set up and Brendan is a fantastic coach, taking time to make sure that you know what you are doing and also making you feel welcome. Its one of the best workouts I’ve ever done and I’m looking forward to continuing on with it long into the future. Lovely staff too. Thanks a lot guys.
We’ve been living in Sanur for the past three years and have struggled with our fitness program until joining the paradise CrossFit program! I absolutely love the class and not to mention the community they created. Our coach motivates you with a positive attitude that empowers you to work out even harder. Very professional coaching and definitely will help you to achieve your fitness goals!
looking for a gym that meets my expectations, i ended up in paradise sanur. from the first day i felt welcome. the staff greeted me by name and Bren the coach also helped me with the selection of weights and training levels, as i was a complete newcomer to crossfit. it’s clean and has a lot of new equipment. the cafe offers an excellent selection of drinks and food and is a place to relax after a workout. I enjoy it!